Seminario Interuniversitario de Investigación en Ciencias Matemáticas
General Guidelines for SIDIM Poster Presenters
This year the SIDIM will be held virtually. Poster presenters will be assigned to specific "Break-rooms". Each of these break-rooms will run for about an hour. Participants are expected to "pop in" into a given break-room at any moment within the time period assigned for presentatios. The host of a given break-room will give sharing privilege to the person presenting a poster in that room, so that he or she can show the poster and answer any questions from participants that show up for the poster. The schedule of the break-rooms for poster presentations will be announced about one week before the activity.
Poster presentations foster the exchange of ideas between the contributor and those who have a specific interest in the contributor's work. Poster presentations enable the presenters to proceed at a pace consistent with the interests of the group gathered around them.
How to Prepare your Presentation
- Your presentation should be based on displayed material.
- A concise statement of the problem and the results obtained should be a conspicuous part of the display.
- The display should be designed to take advantage of the fact that the presentation need not be "linearly ordered" as in a talk or written paper. For example, arrows directing the viewer to various parts of the display, and color-coding of different aspects of the work may be used to advantage.
- Creative use of graphic detail such as drawings, charts and tables is recommended.
At the Meeting
- Presenters should be available during the entire session to answer questions and discuss their work.
- Make sure you know which break-room was assigned for your presentation.