Seminario Interuniversitario de Investigación en Ciencias Matemáticas
Guidelines for SIDIM Speakers
This year the SIDIM will be held in person. The schedule of all talks will be announced about one week before the activity. The time periods for SIDIM presentations are:
- plenary talks are 45-50 minutes long, with about 10 minutes for questions;
- contributed talks are 20 minutes long with an additional 5 minutes for questions;
- poster sessions run for periods of 50-60 minutes.
We suggest to SIDIM speakers to follow the following general guidelines during their presentations.
- Arrive at the meeting room ten minutes before your session starts. Introduce yourself to the session chair and confirm the title of your presentation.
- The use of pointers is recommended to avoid blocking the audience's view of the screen.
- If necessary, speak from notes to keep on track; do not read from your paper or from the screen.
- You must speak within the time limit, allowing time for the audience to ask questions.
- Speak clearly and at a reasonable pace, but speak loud enough to be heard in the back of the room.
- Extend some courtesy to the remaining speakers; end on time and stay for the entire session.
- Use effective audio-visual aids.